1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Squier Affinity J Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassrich, Apr 10, 2015.

1. bassrich

bassrich

Nov 20, 2011
    Sarasota, FL
    20150410_131844. Just picked this up. Sounds looks and plays great. Fit and finish are top shelf looks to be a 3 piece body with nice flaming on the top piece

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama
    Whoa. Nice! I don't recall seeing an Affinity with that finish. Congrats!

3. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Will you mod or keep it original?

4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Cool find! :thumbsup:

I, too, once had an Affinity Jazz in sunburst/brownburst. I got it used from Musician's Friend for just a little over $100. It was a great traveling bass…nice, light and perfect for whipping out for some practice when I had some free time in-between clients. The only, noticeable weakness, outside of the slightly underpowered pickups, were the old, closed-box tuners. They were creaky, kinda flimsy and I always needed to tune-up between uses. (EDIT: Include "…sometimes even while I was in mid-jam!")

A couple of questions, bassrich; which kind of tuners does yours sport…the open-gear or closed-box tuners? Also, what year is it? Mine was a bit older, but I'm told Squier switched everything but the Broncos to the open gears after a certain year.

I know it's a personal/esthetic preference, but I gotta say, mine looked kick-ass with a black pickguard. Gonna change it up?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  5. bassrich

bassrich

Nov 20, 2011
    Sarasota, FL
    Mine has open tuners it is a 13 I am going to put either a tort or black pg thumb rest or tugbar and a bridge cover but that is all I see that needs changing. The pickups are great about the level of my mim p

6. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Nice! :cool: