1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD--Squier Bass VI

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by walldaja, Jul 7, 2014.

1. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    Last week I saw a Squier Bass VI miss-labeled at a big box music store. I mentioned this to one of the guys who thanked me. Returned a few days later and it was still marked with the wrong identification and price. I asked the guy in the section (who I had told about the label) if he'd sell me the bass for the price marked. He said sure and even gave me a discount on top of that because I'm a regular.

I jumped on the deal and took it home. I read a lot of reviews after the purchase and I have to agree that the setup was sadly lacking. The neck looked like a ski jump and the bridge was a mess. After a few minutes of adjusting I discovered I really LIKE this thing! I haven't been able to put it down! Which is not a bad problem.

I'm amazed at the variety of sounds that come out of it. It didn't take too long to get used to the tighter string spacing either which surprised me (when I go back to my Jazz V the Jazz seems huge, though).

I'm liking this one so much I put my Starcaster in the case and haven't touched it since I got this one. Cool sound and it's fun too. What a day!!

Attached Files:

Kestrel, Tbone76 and bassbrad like this.
  2. deathsdj

deathsdj

Sep 18, 2010
    Wichita, KS
    Nice score!

3. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Pic won't open on my phone but I believe you
    Hey how is this strung? Stringed. Strought. Strang. Cgdaeb or e:e? Thanks

4. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    It's strung E, A, D, G, B, and E an octave below a guitar. I changed out the strings to Circle Ks with a .98 E string vice the original .95. Not sure whose strings were on it but the new strings stay in tune much better and don't cause any rattling issues.

5. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Thanks

6. Got one of these too, love it!
    What's the case? this one looks to fit pretty well.
    Also, what did you do to the intonation on the lower E string? Did you flip the bridge or swapped it?
    I can't get the intonation right on the lower E and I'm considering the bridge swap or bigger gauge strings.

7. Kestrel

Kestrel

Sep 21, 2009
    Congratulations on your Squier VI. They're certainly unique and cool instruments. I've got one in olympic white along with a Fender Pawn Shop VI in candy apple red. I love them both.