1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Squier Bass VI

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jimbowhit7, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Jimbowhit7

Jimbowhit7

Mar 5, 2018
    Bought this from a friend of mine, and this thing is amazing. I had wanted to try a Bass VI for some time, and when my friend told me he was selling his, I bought it right away. The pickguard has been replaced, and it has a Fender Locking Tremolo assembly. The bridge doesn't look like the stock bridge, but it's definitely not a Staytrem or Mastery bridge (I plan on installing a Mastery later on).

It has a couple of issues, such as the strings being way too light (I have new strings on the way), and the action may need to be raised a bit (it has a little fret buzz), but overall it sounds and plays really well. It's such a bizarre instrument, and plays like a cross between a bass and a baritone guitar. It plays pretty well with pedals, especially a reverb pedal I like to use on guitar (the Old Blood Noise Endeavors Dark Star), and also sounds amazing with distortion. I'll add a couple sound clips at the bottom of this post. Overall, I'm really happy with this thing, and I plan to get a lot of use out of it! :D
    94141925_310844226549750_6903205865759703040_n.jpg

tindrum, Beersurgeon, Bass V and 7 others like this.
  2. There's a club for people like us...

The Short-Scale Six-String Club Part 4 - for the original six-string basses!