NBD! Squier Bullet

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zimborg, May 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Zimborg

Zimborg

Feb 20, 2017
    7DB153F8-1742-4A3D-94E1-382EE96EC8F9.jpeg 8B7BC7F6-0E3F-42E7-B196-D41E0A93A7F3.jpeg A couple days ago i went on a craigslist adventure and came back with this! Seems to be an 80’s Squier bullet bass all original save for the regrettably active emg pickup. Tort is in in the mail as are flatwounds. I’ve got a couple basses already but this one has something about it I can’t define. What do you all think about the pickup situation? I don’t like having to remove the pickguard to access the battery, but i am not interested in routing a box. What pickups would you say sit at the corner of inexpensive and good enough?

Thundertips, Sub41 and el jeffe bass like this.
  2. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    Nice bass, absolutely screams for tort and flats.

3. Zimborg

Zimborg

Feb 20, 2017
    Thanks! I think listing to the good folks here may have influenced my actions somewhat. Seems like a positive influence.

4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    I have a black one. Once I removed the broken truss rod nut and replaced it, it set up and sounded perfect. I actually the white on white pretty good too.

5. Zimborg

Zimborg

Feb 20, 2017
    How did you get the truss rod nut off? This one is suspicious but I haven't tackled that yet.

6. Sub41

Sub41

Jul 13, 2006
    North FL
    I remember those. I dig it, nice score.

7. BrianToska

BrianToska

Jan 14, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I had one until recently. I really miss it but I couldn’t justify having 4 P basses so I sold it to fund my Grabber.