1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Squier Chris Aiken Further Modified

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alaotatto, Apr 16, 2015.

1. I got this bass to use for my bands "less reputable" gigs at the more sketchy locations... but I am pretty amazed on how well it plays and sounds.

I hate the whole "just volume" thing, so I added a tone knob and now it is perfect. The only thing that I really wasn't very happy about, is that while it is very light and this is a good thing, it has a bit of a neck dive, for those big open tuners are a little on the heavy side. I plan on fixing it soon, though!

It is not a MIA fender nor it will ever be, but it plays great! The neck, after a little polishing, is fast and feels right. It will serve its purpose very well.

And to top that all off, it is a looker, isn't it? :D

I am a very pleased camper haha image1.JPG

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Nice upgrades!!

Probably would look great with a black guard too. Give it that classic 70's look.

Alaotatto likes this.
  3. no doubt!

4. bassstrangler

bassstrangler

Mar 2, 2015
    I swapped necks with my MIM p bass. I rewired the aiken and added a tone knob. I ended up with two really sweet basses. The aiken now has a rosewood/maple neck and a green pearloid pickguard.

Alaotatto likes this.
  5. bassstrangler

bassstrangler

Mar 2, 2015
    Unfortunately I'm getting zero to very little response out of my tone knob. Wiring is correct, it the Duncan Design that in it?

Alaotatto likes this.
  6. I really like the Aiken neck on my MIM Precision body. Myself I have not experienced any neck dive with this setup. This P neck is one of the most slim P necks I have ever played.
    1493793_269a10f3fedd7a025add3ce45bd75cac.JPG 1493793_269a10f3fedd7a025add3ce45bd75cac.JPG

lowdownthump and Alaotatto like this.
  7. maybe a bad pot or capacitor?

8. Alaotatto...Man that bass of yours looks nice..drool

Alaotatto likes this.
  9. thanks! and it plays even better than that!

Laurie Bass likes this.