NBD Squier Classci Vibe seafoam Green

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nighttrain1127, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Picked this up over the weekend and got 15% off so 360.00 Seafoam green Precision.jpg

Thundertips, Thwack, NinoD and 55 others like this.
  2. Fine looking bass. Squier has really raised the bar.

jd56hawk likes this.
  3. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Yes they have and it sounds almost like it has the vintage 62 pickups in it . Although it does not.

4. vdub75

vdub75

Feb 15, 2013
    Celle/Germany
    wait, since when do they make this in seafoam?! or is it a refin?

5. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    It's an LR.
    Maybe even a VLR.

6. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    I love that color combo. :thumbsup:

7. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Since it is a limited run and from what I have been told and read each GC got one when they are gone they are gone. It is not a refin or anything else still had the plastic on the pickups and PG brand spankin new and this is not the only one I have seen GC Manchester CT still had one Saturday afternoon.

jd56hawk likes this.
  8. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Great bass. I have one, but not that color. BTW, that Rumble 200 it is leaning on would make it sound even better.

steelbed45 likes this.
  9. cholyoke

cholyoke Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Rubber City
    Nice bass! For those green with envy, you can preorder them from the GC website for early October delivery.

10. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    How do these compare sound-wise, and feel-wise to the 60s P CVs?
    I lost one that I loved, and this looks like a good replacement.

11. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I don't know about the rumble 200 But it sounds amazing through my PF50T and a pair of PF112HLF cabs. I just sold a 60's CV P-Bass and it was much more mid forward this is more lows and decent mids but not like the CV 60's P. This version almost sounds like they put the Fender 62 P Pickup in it but it is not and it is a bit more laid back in the upper mids so not as much clank with Rouns wounds.

12. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Score! :thumbsup:

13. Nighttrain1127

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    And it looks like my Limited run information was wrong. But this bass is a score .

Aqualung60 likes this.
  14. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    There's one at my local GC now too - don't wanna pick it up in case I like it ha. Not a fan of black blocks and dont like hte color. But if it's anything like the MF sig, it'll be killer.

Enjoy!

15. Zexy!!!

16. Sweeeet! Congrats on the find! If I didn't already have a MIM P and no money I'd be all over this... I've always wanted a Seafoam bass, but am not quite careless enough to buy such a similar bass for only the color.... Almost.

17. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead!

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Nice score! The CV series is really great, notably the pickups have always caught my ear as being a surprising plus. I miss my 60's CV P but my custom one is a much nicer bass, to be honest.

18. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    Very nice. Enjoy!

19. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    I fiddled around with one of these at the GC in Peoria. AZ, this past labor day weekend, nice and light nice build just couldn't warm up to it due to the GC infamous flinging arrow action but that's probably why because I have the Fiesta red version and I love it...

20. Congrats! I Love the CV series,and they became my main basses despite having ownwd quite my share of great basses. I just came back from my first rehearsal with my recently acquired Precision CV sonic blue. With chromes, a pick and a slightly overdriven ampeg head, what a blast it was!! :hyper:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021