NBD - Squier Classic Vibe '50's P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crusher47, Jan 23, 2018.

1. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Nice! I’ve been wanting a single-coil P for a while now. Something that I can string up with super thumpy flats and play with a pick.

Crusher47 likes this.
  2. J-Bassomatic

J-Bassomatic

Mar 30, 2017
    Canton OH
    Congrats, as everyone so far has observed, those are very nice basses. I am (or was?) a J-Bass guy too but I can't seem to put the CV50s down. I like the color scheme you have with the black PG best. I replaced the PG on mine with a WBW (parchment) and I think it looks better than the stock white one. Great little basses.
    CV50s.png

3. Waytootrue

Waytootrue

Jan 19, 2018
    Denver
    That's a beautiful bass, its defiantly on my list to get at some point.

Crusher47 likes this.
  4. eldoryder

eldoryder I just LOVE me some Vintage Peaveys! Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Nacogdoches, TX
    They are beautiful, aren't they? I've got one myself. Shortly after acquiring it, I purchased the repop vintage bridge and pickup covers so I could make it look like Leo's first P bass. Years later, I still haven't had the heart to drill through that gorgeous grain to install them! I have mocked them up with double-sticky tape, and it looks great to me. I just can't seem to get up the nerve to make the holes. I may need professional help if this continues unabated!

Crusher47 likes this.
  5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

Crusher47 , am i mistaken, or do you really have an NBD 3-4 times a week? :laugh:

in any case: it looks like a player to me! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

Wisebass and Crusher47 like this.
  6. That looks NOS but must be pre owned with the Flats in place. These are getting harder to find in this color but love the white blonde on these too. Nice score . HSC too.

Been seriously thinking of one of these but decided to get the black Warmoth ‘56 build recently listed here. Can’t wait to receive it. Love p basses in general and always wanted a 51-56 style.

Crusher47 likes this.
  7. Ampslut

Ampslut Supporting Member

May 15, 2017
    outstanding, I like that case better than the one that came with my Am Pro P-bass V

Crusher47 likes this.
  8. I am going to pick up one of these in coming months for rounds! Congrats!

Crusher47 likes this.
  9. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    I’ve the Fender CIJ ‘51 Re-issue. A very similar bass. I’m really diggin’ the single coil P tone.

Crusher47 likes this.
  10. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Good start into 2018 Crusher47!!! :thumbsup:

soory for joining in late. Couldn 't find my cheap sunglasses :cool:

Happy NBD :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Wise

Crusher47 likes this.
  11. Illidan23

Illidan23

Jul 8, 2018

hai mate, sry for bothering u..
    can u give me your opinion about the scpb2 on the squir 50's, i gonna change my pick ip also, confuse between scpb2 and scpb3

12. Aqualung60

Aqualung60

Jun 19, 2013
    New Jersey
    I went with the SCPB2 because The SCPB3 is basically the single coil version of the Quarter Pounder pick up which I personally didn't care for sound wise, (too much mids). The SCPB2 has a very nice balanced sound and is a vast improvement over the stock pickup on the Squier. I'm also using Fender 9050L flats and the combination sounds great to me.

13. 20191230_154115.jpg
    My impulse purchase today - though I have been looking for one for awhile. Going to bring it to my NYE show tomorrow and see how it goes

Attached Files:

Crusher47 likes this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021