1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD!!! Squier Classic Vibe content :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassAgent, Jan 4, 2012.

1. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: Eich Amplification
    I've been GASsing for one of these for a while... Ever since I've tried one at a local music store, that GAS has increased even more. So I had to have one. Until a few days ago, I had this Yamaha BB300 from 1989:
    90c48349.
    Which is a fantastic instrument, and I still think it is. However, I wanted a Precision with a maple fretboard. It's a dream I've had ever since I sold my Squier JV Precision (how dumb was I at the time?!) and so I decided the Yamaha BB had to go, and a Squier CV or something similar had to replace it.

So I put the Yamaha up for sale or trade, and after only a few hours of the ad being online, I got an email from a guy saying he had a CV 50's Precision in Butterscotch Blonde, and he wanted to trade! I thought nobody would ever do that, but the guy was serious. So I went to The Hague and there it turned out that he also had some old school chrome covers for the bass (although the screws for that are missing), ánd that it has a quartersawn neck!

So now I have it :) I'm very happy with it:hyper:

Pics! I still don't own a good camera, so they're phone pics, but still. It's a good looking bass, so who cares?
    IMG_2180.
    IMG_2181.
    IMG_2183.
    IMG_2184.
    IMG_2185.
    IMG_2186.
    IMG_2187.
    IMG_2188.
    IMG_2189.
    Iconic sisters:
    8d3be58f.
    With yours truly:
    Fotoop29-12-2011om1857.
    Look how tight that neck pocket and pickup cavity are:
    7caaf228.
    eeadc237.

2. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Eh!
    Very nice! I've seen a good number of CVs with perfectly quartered necks. You'll enjoy the bass - they're a fantastic value. But the BB was nice too!

3. Wow, that is a beauty for sure - the wood is nice for the body and fantastic for the neck - stunning!

The action looks a little high in your photo, is this your preference?

4. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    It is actually not that high, but I haven't set it up yet. The bass is now strung with Rotosounds, 'cause that was the only brand the shop had left... I'm not a big fan of these. So I'm gonna give it a set up as soon as I have some nice DR's on it.

5. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
  6. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Very cool! I have one of these too and it's a great bass.

I love the look with the covers on!

7. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
  8. Now throw some flats on that thing and there you go!

I think you really scored here - the yamaha you traded looks nice, but this Squier looks astounding - really loving the quartersawn neck - WOW!

Wondering: why did that guy trade it away?

9. BassAgent

BassAgent

Dec 2, 2003
    He didn't use this, as the sound was too different from his Mike Lull bass.

10. Wow, that is very pretty. I love that headstock style and I think the bass looks pretty darn good with the pickguard off. Congrats!