1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Squier Standard content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thebrownarrow, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Thebrownarrow

Thebrownarrow

Jul 23, 2011
    Just brought this bad boy home. It's a 2006 P bass Standard. Local Craigslist deal. I got the bass, gig bag, and stand for a VERY good deal.

The bass is in overall great condition. Super light. Without weighing, I am guessing it is in the 8lbs range.

Light surface scratches in a few small places. Dusty fretboard, and the hardware needs a good cleaning. My guess is that it has been sitting unplayed for a good while.

Neck feels great. I have been playing P necks for a while now, and have forgotten how nice it is to play on a Jazz style neck.

Now the downside. Someone must have wired the pickups wonky. The tone knob doesn't work. It sounds like the bridge pickup will change from knob to knob between the tone and bridge depending on which one is on or off.

Overall I am really happy. I bought it with the intent to flip it. I really feel like it is a player though. I might just clean it up and keep it after all.

IMG_3641.JPG IMG_3642.JPG IMG_3643.JPG IMG_3644.JPG IMG_3645.JPG IMG_3648.JPG

Malak the Mad and sgtpepper like this.
  2. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    Cool find. A set of GZR pickups, which come with all new pots and solderless wiring, would decisively solve your wiring issues and be a significant upgrade.

irjason and Thebrownarrow like this.
  3. Lee Kirkham

Lee Kirkham

Jan 14, 2013
    Gilbert, AZ
    Appears to be in pretty fair shape. Does the truss rod work? The electronics can always be repaired, the neck is a little more important when purchasing. If you decide to keep it, enjoy it! If you decide to flip it, send me a message, I would be interested.

Thebrownarrow likes this.
  4. Thebrownarrow

Thebrownarrow

Jul 23, 2011
    Just looked at the trussrod. Isn't stripped out and it cranks. The neck and frets seem to be in good condition. Ni sharp ends either.

5. Thebrownarrow

Thebrownarrow

Jul 23, 2011
    Not a bad idea at all. The bridge pocket would need to be routed a little. The bridge pickup is a little shorter than a typical bridge pickup.

6. Lee Kirkham

Lee Kirkham

Jan 14, 2013
    Gilbert, AZ
    Aw crap. Well, I'd probably still be interested, but the price I'd offer would likely be WAY below what you paid for it. Truss nuts can sometimes be replaced, but it can be a royal pain to find out if that one is salvageable. If you are still considering flipping it, let me know.

7. Thebrownarrow

Thebrownarrow

Jul 23, 2011
    What I meant is that the truss rod is in working condition. Little dusty in the hole, but everything looks good. Whoever had it took really good care of it.

8. Lee Kirkham

Lee Kirkham

Jan 14, 2013
    Gilbert, AZ
    Totally misread, sorry about that. I saw "It's stripped out" instead of "Isn't stripped out". My bad. Let me know if you want to flip. Thanks for the correction.

Thebrownarrow likes this.