1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD !!! squier vm 70's jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by himluis1, Oct 30, 2013.

1. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    u got this one used , is a 2013 model ... in brand new conditions !!! new case , strap , cord , strings and a set up for $275.00 ... im sending this one to puerto rico for my big bro ... what u all think ??? 1383144630636. 1383144642284.

2. bass geetarist

bass geetarist

Jul 29, 2013
    toronto
    I love this bass and will hopefully pick one up at some point (this year's GAS fits have left me high and dry for awhile). Great feel, great tone, and great price. They go for about $280 (plus tax, no case, strap, or cord) new here in Toronto. Your big bro's a lucky dude!

3. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    yeap , im going to use it for sundays service at my church and on monday it will be send to PR ... i currently have a squier p.bass , chris aiken signature ... but it has the same specs as a vm pbass , same bridge and pick ups and i love it , squier is getting better in my opinion , is hard to pass on this cheap but good basses !!!

4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    You let me know if you want to adopt a new bro... I am available.

5. Why did they charge you so much for a setup?? Shouldn't it come with a setup from the store!?

Odd. The cheapest I've seen them through Canadian retailers was $300 and that was through Long & McQuade (who generally have the lowest prices due to their buying power).

6. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    bass was $169.00 + tax
    $50.00 + tax for a gig bag
    $6.99 + tax for a strap
    $14.99 + tax for a cable cord
    $17.99 + tax for new d'addario strings
    set is free
    total was $276 with some change...

7. bass geetarist

bass geetarist

Jul 29, 2013
    toronto
    I could be remembering wrong. Thought it was $279.99, but could have been $299.99.

8. ROOTSnFIFTHS

ROOTSnFIFTHS Low-end Lover since '78! Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2012
    NJ to Sin City
    I had that exact bass. For some reason it had a faster neck than any of my other Jazz basses. Just amazing. A couple sharp frets, sure, and a few other oddities but that bass was very nice for not alot of $.

Good choice.[DEL]:bassist:[/DEL]

9. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    yeah , the neck is awesome !!! it is definitely a good bass , for the price paid !!!

10. Ah, THAT makes more sense. :)

The listings are conveniently missing from Long & McQuade's site. They were there before. I remember the VM 5er being $320 ($20 more than the 4 string)

11. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

You gonna love it. My recently found sonic blue cv p has displaced my vmj as number one though. Before that it was a toss up between my 1962 jazz and the vmj. They both have their charms but I'm on honeymoon with the cvp. Last few days the vmj is sneaking back into the rotation. They are great basses and very pretty.

Black hardware swap on mine ( Hipshot tuners, wilkinson bridge) plus the black pearl pg. icing on the cake.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1383175090.501263.

12. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    yeap , im sure my bro is going to love it !!!

13. Yup, it's a beautiful bass, I love mine. The only changes I made were purely aesthetic (black knobs, etc.) in order to make it a little more like real Fender 70's bass.