1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Squier VM Jaguar V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jbalou02, Apr 7, 2015.

1. jbalou02

jbalou02

Mar 8, 2010
    I'm used to "buy no try" so I rolled the dice on ebay for a used 2013 Squier VM Jaguar V, and all I can say is SCORE! Here's what I'm finding:​

PROS: After adjusting out a bit of rattle this bass plays really nice. It's an amazingly solid instrument. Reminds me how much I love and missed that J side bark, which the "Fender Designed" pickup does very well. The P side doesn't seem as dead on but still really representative of the classic P boom. I'm confident it's going to fit my need for a PJ work horse perfectly. The finish is excellent, really like new.

It's my first active bass so I'm not really sure how that stacks up, but after a bit of fiddling I'm liking about 3/4 volume, 3/4 bass boost - the sweet spot! I practiced on it for about 3 hours this evening and it stayed in tune very nicely, the tuning pegs seem solid. All together certainly worth $200 shipped w/gig bag! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

CONS: Pretty hard core neck dive. Coming from a Tbird this is a non issue for me...I like it! I could see how the no dive contingent would be put off though. Also the pots feel kinda chinsy.

jaguar.

eastcoasteddie likes this.
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Congrats on your score. I have played these a few times and I really like them.

jbalou02 likes this.
  3. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I played one of these (and a few others) at a GC....and this one felt and sounded the best of what I played. I went back to this one probably 3 times. I think the bridge pickup has a really awesome growl to it, one that I cannot seem to reproduce with my VMJV (modded with preamp even)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    jbalou02 likes this.