1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Squier VM Jazz V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassDaddy77, Dec 13, 2018.

1. BassDaddy77

BassDaddy77

Feb 12, 2010
    NE Ohio
    20181213_105110~2. Fresh off the UPS truck! I had a hard time deciding whether to go with natural or white, but since I already have a natural in the 4 string version it made sense to go with white. Initial thoughts are it seems every bit as well made as it's 4 string brother and sounds like him too, (with an extra 5 notes to play with of course.)

I haven't been able to get along with 5 string basses too well in the past, but my hope is that since the VM Jazz 4 is my favorite bass, the 5 will inspire me to give it another go.

Crusher47 and BeerSuds like this.
  2. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    I always liked the P knobs on a Jazz. Good luck with it!

3. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    Getting used to a fiver (after learning/playing a 4) is a gradual thing for most. Patience is your friend. I'd suggest playing the 5 almost exclusively for a while, until it becomes 2nd nature. You'll be happy w/your 5'er soon. Love my 2 P5's! Enjoy and congrats.

pappabass likes this.
  4. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Very nice, Congrats!

5. BassDaddy77

BassDaddy77

Feb 12, 2010
    NE Ohio
    Indeed. Thanks!

Good advice, much appreciated!