NBD: Squier VM P bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SuperSnake2012, Dec 16, 2012.

1. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    I had a '78 Fender P a few years ago... think Roger Waters' black and maple. Traded it here for my Ric, but I really missed having a P. Found a Squier VM for $135 on Craigslist... and I'm amazed! This bass is excellent. I think it plays and sounds better than my old P. These basses really are a great value. It came with a set of flats on which sound great, but I'm probably putting rounds on it. Pics or it didn't happen obviously. It needs a few parts, which are on the way (missing screws and knobs). I like the cream covers, but I might change it back to black. The Duncan Designed pickups sound fantastic... when I bought it, I intended on just ripping out all the electronics, but the Squiers come with CTS pots as well, so looks like it's staying stock. Also came with a Jeannie's pick guard which was awesome. Anyone on the fence about one of these basses should just get one. They're fantastic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355711912.926198.jpg

2. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Looks good, I like the cream/white pup covers

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021