1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Squier VM P5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gorn, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    This was a used buy from musiciansfriend. $240 rather than $300 because of apparent minor cosmetic flaws. I can't find a scratch on it. I don't have a scale but it feels very light. Maybe 8.... 9 pounds tops. It's got a great neck. I'm new to fivers but I can reach the B string with no problems. I'm probably gonna go E-C but I'll give myself a few days to get used to having the A string in the middle. I nearly snapped the D string trying to tune the G. Silly me. With the tone rolled up it's monstrous. Barky and mean, in a great way. The only thing I don't like is the sound with the tone rolled all the way down. My MIJ mustang sounds warm and delicious with the tone off. I was hoping for the same with this, but it just sounds kinda weak, but it's ok. I was a little concerned about poorly matched body pieces that you can see through the sunburst, but it's not that bad. Overall I'm a happy camper. Now I just have to find a good set of flats for it cuz these nickel rounds ain't working for me.
    IMG_0672_zps86ca2698.
    IMG_0673_zpsc927c067.
    IMG_0674_zps8887a420.
    IMG_0675_zpsbcfe1972.
    IMG_0676_zpsaa7c86fa.
    IMG_0678_zps80311394.

2. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Congrats! Looks nice!

I am still fighting GAS for one of these!

(and 4 string P, and a TRBX, and a... )

3. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Yamaha & Grosbeak. I’m Marc!

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    Wow! So glad you like it. I've been wondering about one of these myself.

4. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nice! HNBD!

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Oh, and the action and intonation out of the box were perfect.

6. That is one fine specimen you have there. Congrats!