1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD - Stellah SJB 800

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deef, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Deef

Deef

Sep 28, 2011
    Cork - Ireland
    Bought a lovely stellah SJB 800!

Ash body finished with dark stain, maple neck and fretboard!

Took a punt as I liked how they looked, but the feel and sound off it is VERY surprising in a very good way! VERY playable, lovely neck and a great Jazz sound.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Same pics in show basses thread, but I'm happy with it (for €129 it's a bargain - and feels much more expensive )

Very well made, and finish is flawless, no marks or blemishes!

2. Deef

Deef

Sep 28, 2011
    Cork - Ireland
    After playing with his for the weekend, I'm very happy! Very nice sound when amped.

3. alanjones

alanjones

Aug 21, 2012
    I actually bought that same Stellah SJB-800 bass but it is a slightly different version, more so to do with the finish and colour of scratchplate.
    http://www.guitar-warehouse.ie/product_detail.asp?ProductID=282&CategoryID=1

I actually prefer the look of yours I think, but agree with everything you said about the sound etc. I love it and use it a lot and it was a great buy at €129.99

4. MYLOWFREQ

MYLOWFREQ Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New York
    Looks great! Can any of you guys tell me how heavy it is? Also, how is the neck compared to a Fender USA Standard JB? (nut width, neck shape, fretboard radius etc.) And the last question, have you ever tried taking the covers and the pickguard off? I'm curious about the pickup routing. Any info is appreciated. Cheers!