NBD - Stephen McDonald multiscale 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 3rdWatch, Oct 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 3rdWatch

3rdWatch

Feb 9, 2009
    Escondido, Ca
    Just came in today 32"-30.5" fanned fret semi-hollow 5 string with passive Bartotlinis, from West Virginia. Sweet bass, around 7lbs and rips! IMG_20161011_183133891.jpg

2. 3rdWatch

3rdWatch

Feb 9, 2009
    Escondido, Ca
    Ash chambered body core, cocobolo top with f holeand mesquite back. One piece maple neck, 24 fret blood wood fretboard and zero fret, two way adjustable trus rod, 2mm mop side position markers. Cocobolo headstock cap with integrated nut and mop logo. 9mm spacing at nut 19mm at bridge. Sealed black Gotah style tuners, single independent bridges rubber knobs and locking srap buttons. 2 classic single coil Bartolini soapbars, Kellingsound hand wired passive preamp with push/pull adjustable mids. b8t2rlftlpujpjmaobfq.jpg r4xbs2p4otzzvcjllg8v.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    She's a beauty! I love the idea of a short scale multi-scale. Makes too much sense.

3rdWatch likes this.
  4. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Multiscale? Is this due to the fanned frets?

5. Minirehak 212

Minirehak 212

Mar 7, 2015
    Milwaukee
    All fanned frets are multi scale.

6. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Thanks for clearing that up..I have no idea of these things.

7. 3rdWatch

3rdWatch

Feb 9, 2009
    Escondido, Ca
    Yeah, and I've been looking for one forever! It seems all the multi scale (fanned fret) basses I've found, start at 37" or 35", which is too much for my carpal tunnel to handle.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021