1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Sterling by MM - SB15 Prototype

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Adhesive_X, Dec 28, 2016.

1. IMG_1063.JPG
    Picked this one up last week. I don't think these ever made it to production.

The only info i could find was a post on the EB Forum from 2011 stating they only made one and and it was hanging in some guys guys office at sterling by MM.

My EBMM Sterling 5 has been my main bass for a couple years and wanted another for a backup bass. Picked this up new for the price of a used RAY35.

I was always skeptical about the reviews on the SBMM stuff, but this thing is awesome.
    My EBMM is an HH with an all rosewood neck and SLIGHTLY more refined, so they are different animals..but very close.

The SBMM headstock is a little different and the neck seems a tad thinner. Thought i would have to change electronics, but its sounds amazing.

I'm very impressed. It's a keeper

eastcoasteddie and 2cooltoolz like this.
  2. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Pretty cool. That headstock appears to be the larger Ray5 one.

3. ofajen

ofajen

Apr 12, 2007
    92.4W 38.9N
    Nice! I wish that one had gone into production. I have the four string version (SB 14) in all black, including matching black headstock. I won't suggest it's the same as an EBMM instrument, but it is thoroughly competent and well done in every regard. I also wish that they had fretless necks for these Sterling clones.

Otto