1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Sterling by Music Man SUB Ray4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ShenmueTacos, Dec 30, 2020.

1. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    So I have been wanting a cheaper bass for a while now. I have two Kiesel basses and I plan on keeping them both for a very long time. So I wanted something else that I would play more often and gig with and don't have to worry about it getting scratched or dinged.

Originally I was going to get a Squier Jazz but saw one of the SUB Ray4s with a different finish at a Guitar Center and a USA Stingray. After playing the Sterling for a few moments I was pleasantly surprised by the sound and feel. Granted, it's no USA model but it's a lot closer to the USA model than I was expecting.

That evening I got on Reverb and saw this used Sterling in the Mint Green finish and I just had to get. So far, I love it.

IMG_20201230_142817_01.jpg

2. tindrum

tindrum

May 2, 2007
    Suffolk, VA
    Those are amazing bargains. I’d gig with one having zero reservations. Love the finish on yours!

Texican and ShenmueTacos like this.
  3. Texican

Texican

Aug 9, 2018
    @LowEndLobster is a fellow Talkbasser and Youtuber that did a great 4 part series on modding that very same bass. Not to mention he has videos on just about every SBMM model. Definitely check out his channel. Also congrats on the new bass! I also picked up a new SBMM stingray today... the daphne blue short scale.

4. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    I'll be sure to check those out!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021