1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Stingray 4H BFR (Black Sugar)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mouthmw, Dec 5, 2017.

1. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    I sold my USA MM SUB a month ago, got a Flea jazz. Liked it, but realized that Ps and Rays are indeed more of my thing both tone and feel wise. Sold the jazz. Snatched this baby up (and the price was right):

IMG_2665.JPG

IMG_2666.JPG

IMG_2667.JPG

This guy has been around the block, I found it was originally sold on here in 2012:
    SOLD - EBMM BFR / Black Sugar / Roasted Maple
    Now I got my hands on it and it's awesome.
    It's almost a 10 pounder (9.9 lbs), but there's no neck dive and I think I'll be able to handle it :D Oh and that neck, dear lord, just gorge.

I really dig the 3 band eq, not sure if it's a more smooth 3 band on these BFR, but I can get some fat smooth tones, not much unlike my old 2 band SUB. I might even dig this more because of the mids. I dial the treble down a touch, add a touch of mids and a touch of bass and it's beautiful. There won't be 3 band hate comin' from this guy lemme tell you that.

Can't wait to try it out in a band setting.

muggsy, tat2clod, Doctor J and 3 others like this.
  2. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Oh that is a black beauty !! Welcome back home to the wonderful world of Ernie Ball Musicman Basses. That one is a keeper for sure.

mouthmw likes this.
  3. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    Agreed. Couldn't last more than a month without one xD
    And I can't believe that this is actually my first black bass. In over 15 years of playing, this is my first black instrument lol.

4. jakka1

jakka1 Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Pittsburg, Kansas
    Nice!!! I have a BFR 5 string from that run. That Black Sugar finish is one of my favorites.

mouthmw likes this.
  5. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Gorgeous!! Congrats!

mouthmw likes this.