1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Stingray 5 HH

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by agt, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. agt

agt

Nov 20, 2014
    Last night my new bass was delivered! It's an EBMM Stingray 5 HH in Stealth Pearl :)

Love it so far! Way more tones in this thing than I expected.
    IMG_20160205_131210.
    IMG_20160204_173112431. IMG_20160204_173059799.

2. jwad

jwad Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Nice! I think i like the black hardware better on the non-black bodies then the murdered out black stealth models.

3. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    Nice score, enjoy it.

agt likes this.
  4. grizzlebeard

grizzlebeard

Jul 20, 2011
    B.C. Canada
    very nice!

5. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    Kool bass ..play the hell out of it

6. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    That's a great looking bass! Enjoy.

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    sweet!

8. sundaybender

sundaybender

Oct 7, 2005
    Congrats! I'm a sucker for a matching headstock.

Also - the neck on singray 5s is pretty much my favorite bass neck of all time. Perfect size for grooving, or noodling - and with a radius that just works!

Enjoy that beauty!

9. Sweeeeet. Did you buy it new? Curious because I've been looking for a Stealth White Bongo 5 with no luck.

10. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    I love the 4th position on my HH - the 2 inner coils. Try that with a mid bump. Nice score - this is a lifetime bass.

11. agt

agt

Nov 20, 2014
    Thanks! I love the neck on this thing too, even though I'm usually less a fan of painted necks than natural/oil finishes. This thing rocks!

12. agt

agt

Nov 20, 2014
    I bought it used on eBay from a store in Missouri. If I recall correctly, the stealth pearl was only made from January '15 - Oct/Nov '15. But I'm not sure if it was the same time period for the Bongo. I've gotten several comments on how the matte finish looks great even from far away! :)

Good luck in your search.

13. agt

agt

Nov 20, 2014
    I was back and forth between an SR5 HH and a G&L L-2500. I found that the mid control on these does an awesome job cutting through when boosted, which is pretty much the main thing that G&L has going for it.

Tone beast! Thanks for the tip.

FingerDub likes this.