NBD: Stingray Special HH (new to me)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by krovx, Apr 23, 2019.

1. krovx

krovx Thump or Bust Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Been wanting one since EB announced the changes. I feel like I was one of the guys who made some complaints about the things they addressed. The new price point was hard to get at for me. Wanted to gift myself something really nice for the past 7 years of work I have put towards getting to a great spot in my career. Wife was cool for me to see if some GASaholic (not you @RichSnyder ;) ) would list a used one in the config I wanted. Bonuses this one was PLEK'd and had a Drop D tuner.

Exceeds my expectations! Preamp is less harsh, sweeter like the Classic but way more sculpting ability. It can get harsh if need be for a growly rock tone.

Previous Owned MMs:
    Sterling HS
    Stingray 5
    Stingray Classic
    Stingray HS
    Sterling 5 HH
    Sterling 5 HS

Think I found the one Ray that is just right and won't be going anywhere. My shoulder is loving it. I thought people were exaggerating that these might be the best production basses...I think they might be right from what I have touched.

Just a teaser pic but that Copper color is great! Might flirt with some other color guards down the road. Pearl White, black, and tort all look good from the pics I have seen.

Sting1.jpeg

2. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Columbia, MD Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Congrats!!