1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Thank god for Leo’s modular designs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Scott Baiowulf, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Scott Baiowulf

Scott Baiowulf

Apr 7, 2017
    Houston
    56F76B6D-65A6-4381-8A06-7511BB11D90B. I’ve always wanted a jazz bass with a precision neck, which Fender doesn’t offer, so I made one myself. Took the neck off a p-bass I haven’t been using and bought a Geddy Lee body off of Reverb. The pickups are hum-canceling Sadowskys that I got in a trade. Still waiting for the pickup mounting screws to come in the mail tonight to wire it up (I’m actually going to have my daughter wire the pups, she’s been wanting to learn how to be handy so I’m teaching her how to use a soldering iron and a multimeter tonight). Anyway I probably should have waited until it’s 100% complete to post this but I’m excited and bored at work. This project cost me $215 for the body and pots/jack/plate, everything else I had lying around.

2. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Can't beat that!

Scott Baiowulf likes this.
  3. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Yep, super-cool bass, and great job. I prefer the 4-string P neck, as well. :)

4. Scott Baiowulf

Scott Baiowulf

Apr 7, 2017
    Houston
    Thanks! They make so many p-basses with jazz necks, I'm surprised this has never (AFAIK) been something they've done.

Marko 1 likes this.
  5. MoeTown1986

MoeTown1986 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2010
    SoMD (Mechanicsville)
    I’m with you. I’ll take a P neck over a Jazz neck ANY day. Nice bass!

6. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Last time I piddled on a buddy's thin-neck bass my hand felt like it was gonna cramp up, but whenever I pick up my 4-string P that never happens. (I'm specifying "4-string" because I play fivers, and my P and J necks are the same.) :)