1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD, the Headless Experience

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Remus_Redbone, Feb 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Remus_Redbone

Remus_Redbone

Dec 27, 2010
    Western AR
    I stumbled on to a deal this past weekend and am now the owner of a "Spirit, by Steinberger" XT-2.

First "headless" bass I've owned after playing for decades" and owning "several" basses. The weight and playability is fantastic, especially since I added a strap extension to "center" the bass on me while wearing the bass on a strap. The strap extension will be flat black to match the rest of the hardware, I just put it on the bass for testing and pictures. So comfortable to wear on a strap, I think I could go bowling with this bass strapped on.

Full review; Spirit by Steinberger XT-2

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I hate those basses but have to admit that that one looks kinda cool :). Congrats!

3. I had a black Spirit XT-2 and now I want a XT-25 to tag team with my XZ-25. Nice bass.

They aren't for everyone obviously haha. But they sit and play so nicely.

4. Remus_Redbone

Remus_Redbone

Dec 27, 2010
    Western AR
    I think I'm with you; after playing this one a while, I think I'd like to try a five string version. So comfortable on the strap & so easy to play, I'm a one week addict.

DreadyDiggs likes this.
  5. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
  6. edr

edr

Mar 28, 2019
    BUMP!

For those looking for the full review, I had trouble with the link (it somehow redirected to an effects pedal)

This will take you to the review in question
    Spirit by Steinberger XT-2

7. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggravesmusic.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    where did you get the strap extension?
    thanks
    garret

edr likes this.
  8. ThingsAbove

ThingsAbove

Jul 11, 2011
    I think Steinberger basses are cool. They are so 80's Pop that I feel it's mandatory to wear a brightly colored jumpsuit and have appropriate hair while playing...

Screenshot 2019-03-29 at 9.52.12 PM.

BassmanM and bound'n'blocked like this.