1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: the Squire Matt Freeman is LEGIT!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by your idol, Oct 2, 2013.

1. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    So i randomly dropped $200 on ebay and picked up a Matt Freeman sig.

I wont bore you with the details but Squire is killing it on this one. I dont know why every P bass guy doesnt own one.

Super solid construction, tight neck joint, the hardware feels sturdy.

It just feels fluid from tip to tip like everything matches perfect to create one stellar instrument. Ive owned quite Ps i payed a lot for that couldnt stand toe to toe with this.

Good solid thud with that classic P hollow tone. The neck is super comfy.
    Beautiful birdseye maple neck. I got the black on black and im already wanting to add a vintage white one to my stable.

One sorta weak spot... The pots arent mega responsive. If youre a dime all the time guy this will be moot but if youre a knob twiddler invest in some better pots.

Im not a sig guy. I like Matt Freeman but i dont dig his band, im just a dude who loves a good pbass and couldnt resist black and maple. So know this isnt a bunch of fan boy hype. If you need a good p go get one no matter the budget you have this satisfies.

2E56B194-3FB7-4725-8E04-001781CB15E4-697-0000007A7238D20A_zps8cd3166b.

2. Damn! If I hadn't just finished my P-bass build, I'd be all over this!!

3. Scobby Bott

Scobby Bott

Jan 23, 2012
    Pottstown, PA
    Dat vintage tint tho...

4. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Picked one up a few months ago on CL... Money well spent!

5. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    Mines real mellow. Not nuke orange

6. TorontoAlex

TorontoAlex

Nov 28, 2011
    Toronto
    I bought one a few months back to match my 60's P CV. I have the Freeman strung up with rounds. Only 'mod' I'm planing on doing is wiring the pickup straight to the jack, since I keep both the tone and volume on full anyways. Otherwise it would be a great bass at twice the price I paid!