1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD!! Thin Necked Spector Euro...Cool Find!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChefKen, Apr 19, 2015.

1. ChefKen

ChefKen Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2014
    NW CT
    I traded my recently acquired Blueburst Euro for this completely mint Euro. I love the Redburst.....The previous owner has a collection of 15 spectors and found the neck on this one TOO THIN. Compared to my standard euro the neck is closer to a Wimbish. A freak Spector? I liked the Blueburst but found the neck too chunky....this one is closer to my Alembic and totally mint and stock....with a drop D tuner. I am pretty psyched!! Anyone else ever run across a thin necked Euro??? FullSizeRender (18).NBD1. FullSizeRender (20).NBD2.

2. I let go my Rebop 4 MM precisely because the neck was too chunky for my taste. That was my first Spector and I don't wanna give up on them, so I'm looking for a Doug Wimbish, used, since I don't wanna spend 2400 USD on a new one to see if it fits me better. Have you played a DW? is the neck really thin? Thanks for ur insight bro, and congrats on that red beauty!

3. ChefKen

Aug 30, 2014
    NW CT
    Thanks! I have played a Wimbish....the Euro Wimbish is thinnner at the nut then the bass I just got....This neck is thinner front to back like my Alembic.....very cool. I must say I take lesson twice a month with Doug and his Spector is the best playing bass I have ever held. The frets are so worn but perfect that the strings sit very close to the fretboard....nothing else I have played has such easy low action!!

4. Obese Chess

Obese Chess I'm Your New Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    [​IMG]

5. ChefKen

Aug 30, 2014
    NW CT