1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Three of a perfect pair (Peavey USA content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geoff_in_nc, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Just arrived today, "Red" along with her sisters "Silver" and "Purple". It was @ack who introduced me to Peavey Axcelerators a couple years ago, and needless to say they work perfectly for me. I can get the sound I want, they're super comfortable for me, and I think they look nice too. Silver has DR FatBeams, Purple has Chromes and needs a setup bad (high action), and Red, the one I just got today is still undetermined as to which way I go... Cobalt's? HiBeams? Something else? Currently has round wounds I can't identify that are a little too zingy.
    Not many Axcelerators out there, and it was a six month search to find Red after I saw another red one on GC's used site some time back and let it slip thru my hands. Found one in really good condition - say a 7 out of 10. The best part? With shipping, it was under $225. I'd say I got a great deal. The only thing I don't care for on these basses is the bridge. I don't like how the ball end Anchors, and how with Chromes for example, you have to cut back the ball end silks due to the short distance between anchor and saddle. IMG_20161227_183742.

gfaulkner, kodiakblair, ack and 5 others like this.
  2. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Wilkinson bridges? A lot of people don't seem to like them, but I think that was because they could suffer mechanical failure if they weren't treated properly. There was one on a Carvin that I had once, and I liked the way it locked down completely.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  3. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Those are such great basses. IIRC they are 34" scale so you could used Dunlop Super Brights on the new one. Otherwise the Hi Beams are a great choice. Congrats on such an excellent score!

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That is a sweet collection!

5. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    With three of the same bass, I say rounds, flats, and tapes!

dabbler likes this.
  6. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Nice trio, congrats!

7. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    They're 35" scale. Will the Dunlops still fit?

8. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Not sure. They didn't fit my Cirrus all that well. You could measure the winding length to be sure. I believe the Dunlops have a winding length (bridge to nut) of 37.25". By comparison the DR's gave a winding length of 38".

9. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Cool basses love my Peaveys.

10. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    Those are real beauties, Geoff.

geoff_in_nc likes this.
  11. @geoff_in_nc

Only really cool people own purple Peaveys :) Congrats on a fine trio.
    Axcelerator 5 (3).

@Dr.Cheese
    You'll always be one of the cool Peavey people :thumbsup:

geoff_in_nc, Dr. Cheese and gfaulkner like this.
  12. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Two purple Peaveys in my house.

Attached Files:

kodiakblair likes this.