1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD times two...... sort of.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BAG, Oct 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BAG

BAG

May 5, 2014
    New Zealand
    So I finally picked up my first Jazz bass on the weekend. It's a Vintage Modified Squier which I bought for the loaded body as a donor for my fretless.

Got it home last night and first thing this morning took the neck and bridge off and swapped them with my fretless neck and bridge from my Franken Blacktop Jazz fretless.

20171010_133437.jpg 20171010_133445.jpg 20171010_133500.jpg
    20171010_133350.jpg
    So far i'm very happy with the Jazz. I had to put in a thin shim to get the action low enough without having the saddles on the deck. There'll be some more tinkering over the next week or so but at the moment i'm pretty happy. Nice tones, not too much single coil hum and i much prefer the look of the black-on-black compared to the Blacktop Jazz pearl white.

In saying that, I think the peal block inlays of the VM Jazz neck work well on the Blacktop.
    20171010_133625.jpg 20171010_133633.jpg

2. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Lookin' good!

3. jaybones

jaybones Inactive

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    I agree that the black fretless looks great! Nice bird's eye on the neck, and black tuners tie it together.

As far as the white blocks with the white body/black guard look OK. Black blocks might look a little better.

4. BAG

BAG

May 5, 2014
    New Zealand
    Shhhhh :cautious: I'm going to be selling it and need to put out a positive vibe.
    Didn't you know that pearloid blocks with a pearloid body is the new biggest thing ever! :rolleyes: Like, man, they make it worth twice as much!