1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: USA Lakland 55-94 Standard (Topless), Not many are made? Post pics, if you have them : )

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassconbeatz, May 29, 2016.

1. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Checking out searches, Ebay and all I see are Deluxes. What's up with that? Is it because Lakland offer other no frills models in both USA and Skyline. I would love to see one with a Lake placid blue finish with bird's eye FB. Let's see some pics.

2. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    I'll be the first to post. Just picked this up today; Brand new with custom rare Sherwood Green Trans finish. Totally off the charts.

IMG_0908 [401397].JPG IMG_1201 [399247].JPG IMG_1202 [399248].JPG IMG_1203 [399249].JPG

GregC and mark beem like this.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    How old is that bass? I think the 55-14 is the new "topless" version. Speaking of topless, you got a poor man's hopes up before he clicked on to this thread!:D

4. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    It's actually built in 2015, completed in December. If I'm not mistaken, the 55-14 does not have bird's eye maple finger board and it is only available in lake placid blue, black and sunburst. Needless to say, I would mind having one of those too. Curious part is that the Deluxe 55-94 are more common that than a topless 55-94 : )

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Cool, I do love grain that your "topless" finish is exposing, and that neck is flawless. Lord forgive me, I am an old man having flashbacks of Pam Grier movies every time I type topless.:smug:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021