1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Victor Bailey Acoustic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gorn, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I didn't plan on buying a bass today but this one was too pretty and felt and sounded too good to pass up. It's got the jazz neck which feels great. The kingman also apparently has the jazz neck but this feels much better. I don't like tort pickguards but tort binding is pretty awesome. The body is much smaller than I thought it would be, but it's just that much easier to play. My 32" scale Ibanez acoustic looks huge next to it, but they both seem to have about the same unplugged volume.
    IMG_0699_zps832e863a.
    IMG_0700_zpsb7ce68b3.
    IMG_0703_zps00331171.
    IMG_0704_zps7fd99c94.
    IMG_0705_zps726f5335.

2. Doctor_Clock

Doctor_Clock The Moon Machine Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2013
    Brooklyn, NY
    You made the right choice. I had a Kingsman and it sounded great but I found it a little uncomfortable, and had more neck dive than Rodney Dangerfield in "Back to School".

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Anyone know what the "brilliance" and "body" controls mean exactly? It sounds to me like turning brilliance up sorta adds more treble. It's very warm all the way off. And I can't really hear any differences when I turn the "body" control.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Heyyyy Ohhhhhh!!!!! Great bass I like it I wonder if GC carries it?.

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    NBD 2.0

I loved the old one but had to sell it cuz I needed the dough at the time.

Unfortunately the unvailing will have to wait till I get home. I don't have any garbage bags at work to collect the peanuts.