1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Vintage (Brand) Violin bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by markdavid, May 31, 2017.

1. markdavid

markdavid

Jun 29, 2007
    Kind of a late nbd since I have had this bass now for 2 weeks
    Was after a Violin bass , went originally looking for a Hofner Ignition but due to the recent rosewood regulations there apparently has been a bit of a supply issue (at least in the uk where I am based). Was about to give up and go home when I spotted this beaut. Plays great, is nice and light, also it has the cavern bass spacing which means it has loads of low end and it came with a hard case smile.png post-576-0-10788300-1494953828.jpg post-576-0-23087700-1494953807.jpg

Tbone76 and fermata like this.
  2. walldaja

walldaja

Apr 27, 2011
    Enjoy. How does it play / handle when you're seated?

3. markdavid

markdavid

Jun 29, 2007
    Feels fine seated and plays great, some people have said this style of bass is a little uncomfortable to play but I find this bass fine

4. fermata

fermata

Nov 10, 2015
    Plenty of people will disagree, but I find violin basses one of the most comfortable designs for a number of reasons: scale length, string spacing, bridge position.

5. RSBBass

RSBBass

Jun 11, 2011
    NYC
    I have heard good things about the Vintage brand value wise. Congrats.

6. TMcMan

TMcMan

May 7, 2015
    Vermont
    Congrats! An old friend had a Vintage Tony Butler signature pbass, and it was a really nice instrument. I was very impressed with the build quality of that brand.

7. Chico Ruger

Chico Ruger

Dec 11, 2014
    Western NC
    And weight, too!

fermata and Thwack like this.
  8. c10

c10

Apr 10, 2005
    Naperville, IL
    I approve!

9. jaybones

jaybones Inactive

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    Sir Paul approves!

Paul+McCartney+Giving+Thumbs+Up+TY5gOH6jdF9l.jpg
    beatlesShakes1.gif

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021