1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD...Vintage MIJ Mojo Machine!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Smoove-Groove, Sep 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Just picked up this nice little Japanese made bass for $60 canadian. I have always liked these old funky cheap basses. Although they don't always go for cheap prices.

This one had a few issues when I picked it up. The action was really high. The neck plate was taken off and stuffed in the neck pocket as a shim and washers were put on the bolts:confused:
    This is not the way to shim a neck. Also, one of the bolts was sheared off into the neck heel.
    I had to dig out some wood around the broken bolt until I could get a grip on it with channel locks. Got it out, re-drilled and stuck in a dowel. Put a proper shim in the neck pocket and set 'er up.

This little bass sounds and plays really nice. It's got wear and cracks in the finish, but that just adds to the funk.

IMG_20170915_203209.jpg IMG_20170915_203328.jpg IMG_20170915_203304.jpg IMG_20170915_203233.jpg

kodiakblair likes this.
  2. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Can't beat the price. It looks cool, kinda like the offspring of p bass and a moserite. Congrats!

Smoove-Groove likes this.
  3. Qlanq

Qlanq

Jul 9, 2007
    Swansea
    Nice looking bass. Enjoy playing it.

4. Nice tort treatment.

Also another example of a wheel truss rod adjuster on an inexpensive import bass. Why anyone thinks EBMM came up with the idea, I'll never know.

5. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Zowie! Those aren't pickups, they're dual overhead cams! :cool: