1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD- Warmoth/Moses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LiamCohl, Jul 27, 2012.

1. LiamCohl

LiamCohl

Jan 29, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    I got this neck a couple weeks ago from Moses, and the body from Warmoth yesterday. Just finished assembling and wiring this morning. The pickup is a Duncan SPB-2, no knobs, I pretty much always leave them both wide open on my p's anyways. The jack is on the rear control plate. I'm going to put a set of inset dunlop strap locks on it tonight. The only thing I'm unsettled on right now is the strings, got a set of rotosound tape wounds on it right now, but they are too new, and bouncy feeling right now for me, I could just wear them out all dead how I like them, but I'm tempted to throw a really old set of TI jazz flats in my drawer on it, but non black strings would take away from the stealthiness...

Attached Files:

2. that is just beautiful, congrats

3. Damn that's a beast! Love it!

I've several times considered a completely black bass, never realised it could look this amazing!

Congratulations!

4. LiamCohl

LiamCohl

Jan 29, 2005
    Toronto, ON
    Thanks! Played the first gig with it tonight! I clearly haven't practiced fretless enough in the last couple months, I don't think I'm going to have much trouble finding inspiration for that now. The simplicity of the setup today was amazing, yet one of the most satisfying setups I've ever played, this thing is going to be getting a lot of use. Tonights rig was Bass into a Reddi into an IP112. A couple times out of habit I reached down to roll off my volume knob at a set break to find nothing there. The strings sounded and felt a lot better already after a full day of playing on them, Im definitely a bit more excited to keep them on and see how they sound nice and worn in instead of going straight for the TI's.

5. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Liam, check your pm's. Your email is turned off