1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD: Warning EBMM Cutlass content!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TemplesOfSyrinx, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Ahhhhh..... I was in search for the perfect Precision Bass for roundwounds to use live.

I have a Fender Precision Bass '50s reissue strung with LaBella flats. Absolutely love it for recording and in some live settings. But I didn't want to be swapping strings back and forth when I wanted that roundwound bite. After searching for a while I heard about the Cutlass. Wow, what an exceptional groove machine it is. And EBMM fit and finish is second to none IMO. I also have a Stingray 5 that is exceptional.

If you're on the fence about the Cutlass bass, you really need to try one.
    20171109_104246. 20171109_104345. 20171109_104325.

sludgetail, outoftune, murphy and 6 others like this.
  2. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Congrats !! First Cutlass I’ve seen in that color . Looks great. The Cutlass and the Caprice are excellent basses. I auditioned them both and decided to go with the Diamond Blue Caprice because I already had the rosewood Pbass with flats covered.
    I keep the stock slinky rounds on my maple board Caprice. It replaced my Jazz bass.
    If I come across some extra $$ I wouldn’t mind replacing my P with a Cutlass.

Best passive basses I’ve ever played. Who knew Ernie Ball MusicMan could make such superb passive basses!!

TemplesOfSyrinx likes this.
  3. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Yep, this in White and Maple will be on the cards sometime in the future.

sludgetail and lowdownthump like this.
  4. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    That's a fact. I got my Caprice a while back and thought, "Well, there goes my deep and abiding lust for Fender Jazz basses." The thing is just awesome.

Then I got a Cutlass, and I said, "Jack, how do they DO that?" I've had about, oh, a thousand P basses and while some were excellent instruments, there was always something, some little thing, that kept me from actually keeping one for very long. So now that part of my life is over, too.

lowdownthump and TemplesOfSyrinx like this.
  5. That was my 1st choice, but decided I wanted a Rosewood board since my pbass has a Maple board.

6. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Right on! Congrats!!

7. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    That is a looker.