1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! (Warning: Onboard amplification)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gully Foyle, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    IMG_0228.JPG so this little beauty arrived today, vox apache in sonic blue. This was an impulse buy, based on travel plans and my recollection of a positive review by Joe nerve.

Arrived still boxed from factory, letting it sit under tension before tweaking action and intonation, never had a two saddle before, should be a little education in compromise

It's a fun little thing, might look into a better speaker if a quality swap could be located. Perfect for playing around with solo, I dig it.

Paul Corrosion, GKon, Pachap and 11 others like this.
  2. Hey that's kind of crazy cool in a retro 60's sort of way. I love it, awesome color too. So about those controls, are there effects on it too?
    Please give us a rundown on it's functions and a full review!

GKon and nixdad like this.
  3. Peepaleep

Peepaleep Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Las Cruces, NM
    I love it! Yes, waiting for a full review.

nixdad likes this.
  4. Finally found some info....built in drum machine, woot! Daddy want.

GKon, Pachap and Torrente Cro like this.
  5. Gully Foyle

Gully Foyle

Sep 28, 2014
    Near Boston
    I'm heading out to a jam with a new drummer, but will post more on the voxy goodness later!

Yes, onboard drum machine!

GKon likes this.
  6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    They're becoming absolete. If anyone wants one, I suggest acting quickly. I totally love mine. Fits in an overhead, feels solid, sounds good enough plugged in to gig if I wanted, looks cool, has a drum machine with a ton of beats and tempo.... and only cost around $300 when I bought mine.

Congrats @Gully Foyle :). Looking forward to your review. Hope you love it as much as I do mine.

GKon, deepestend and nixdad like this.
  7. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

I've flirted off-and-on with getting a Vox "Phantom" Apache. The angles speak to my personal aesthetics more than the teardrop shape, but that's just me. :whistle:

In the meantime, here's a fun, live product demo Vox staged in Japan back in 2013, just as they resurrected the Apaches. It looks like a fun instrument to wail away at.

Novarocker, DaveDeVille, GKon and 3 others like this.
  8. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Boy, did that put a smile on my face. They rock for sure and on the Cute as Hell Chart----waaayyy up there. I'm still chuckling.

GKon and Malak the Mad like this.
  9. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Too cool!!

10. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Now that's my kind of crazy! Congrats. Rock it for all it's worth.

11. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    it just needz a TOOOB amp ;)

12. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Love the color... looks more Seafoam than Sonic, tho ( maybe just my monitor?)

13. beatnut

beatnut

Sep 27, 2016
    Western Mass
    I really want one! Can I ask where you got it from? Is that against the rules?

14. Pretty cool, if it does not work out as a bass you could always use it to paddle your canoe.

Garret Graves and JGbassman like this.
  15. I'm just,.....well I don't know. I'm torn. If this would have been some cool obscure garage sale find of some crazy bass made eons ago I'd probably find that much cooler.

Part of me digs it, the other part would never let me get it out of the case. Maybe a dark horse relic job and it end up being a wall hanger in my practice room. I think it's more the teardrop shape than anything....

Regardless enjoy the new toy.

16. FenderB

FenderB Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Findlay, Ohio
    Neat.

17. Pachap

Pachap

Jun 21, 2014
    Savannahstan, GA
    I can't believe some demented mind came up with this thing. It sure is cool, though.

18. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    There used to be a bunch of them up on Amazon. Now they're all gone. As I said, these are going to be really hard to come by soon. If interested, I'd jump on this https://www.amazon.com/APACHE2BSR-4...id=1506881474&sr=8-1&keywords=vox+apache+bass . It's all that's left there.

If you Google "vox apache bass", a few more pop up - but people are starting to charge a bit for them.

Here's a pic my wife took of me, with mine, on a Cruise last year. Had a crapload of songs to learn for my current band, and that bass saved my butt.

22.JPG

19. JCW308

JCW308

Mar 28, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    Ohhh no you d-int!

20. That pic makes me feel better, as I've shown my a** a few times on a gig.

Now, if it JUST had a 'subwoofer out' . . . . . . .