1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Warwick $$5 - GPS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Adhesive_X, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Told myself the only new bass on the horizon was a Stingray 5 Special. Since most of my other basses are EBMM, I figured I'd stay in the neighborhood but try a different flavor.

I found a deal I couldn't pass up on this "cosmetic second". No dents or dings but a couple irregularities in the grain. At the price and 8.6 pounds I can live with it.

Was a little worried when I felt the neck. It's chunky but super comfy with the narrow spacing. I love it, very fast neck.

Sounds good. I was hoping I could live without a mid control, but I think I'm going to have to drop a OBP-3 into it. Very reminiscent of my sterling with an all rosewood neck with that "woody" low end. Sterling has way more power and much more clarity. Will be interested to see what an 18V OBP-3 will do. Either way it's a keeper. $$ Pic.

2. MattSasquatch

MattSasquatch

Nov 12, 2018
    Ohio
    Love the body on the thing. Great piece of wood, even with "irregularities".

3. creaturegods

creaturegods

Sep 23, 2017
    Cool dog!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

oh, and congrats on the new bass!

4. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    This looks like a fantastic bass. How are things going with it?

5. OP, that's awesome! Personally, I'd love a 6-string Warwick Corvette GPS $$ someday, preferably in the Nirvana Black finish.

6. It's going well. Finally got the OBP-3 Installed last week and I'm really happy with it. Really digging the narrow spacing.

FunkHead and ObsessiveArcher like this.
  7. I really like the neck, including spacing, on mine too. It just feels like home. Enjoy your new monster!

8. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Great! I have one on the way. It’s fully stock so I’ll see how I like it. I am a huge fan of the OBP-3 but maybe I won’t need to change anything.

9. PaulCISSA

PaulCISSA Propeller-Head Hero Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2014
    New Jersey
    I’ve never been a fan of the Mec electronics, but beyond that - I love everything else about mine. That organic, woody tone is the ovangkal & wenge combo that Warwick is known for. I’m on my second Corvette, the latest is neck-through Masterbuilt that is pure joy to play. I’d love to hear more about what an OBP3 does for it; I’m a big fan of Aggie’s preamps. Please share!

Best of luck with it!