1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD Warwick Corvette $$ Red Oil

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaxstarke, Mar 31, 2015.

1. jaxstarke

jaxstarke

Nov 6, 2010
    Beckley, WV
    Was delivered while I was at work. After about an hour of set up I was finally able to play it. Sounds great. Couldn't be happier. :)

Attached Files:

2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    That is one handsome bass! Nice acquisition.

jaxstarke likes this.
  3. Tbone76

Tbone76

Aug 24, 2013
    Upstate, NY
    Beautiful, congrats! I had one of those for a little bit, and it sounded huge! The push/pull pots give a lot of tonal variation, too. I only got rid of it because it was too heavy. Warwick has a good set of setup tutorials on Youtube. I found the 3D bridge video to be particularly helpful.

jaxstarke likes this.
  4. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Congrats!!

jaxstarke likes this.
  5. mel0dic.bassist

mel0dic.bassist

Jul 9, 2014
    Canada
    Congrats!

I'd love one of these in a 5-string version.. After hearing Andy Irvine's demo, I fell in love.. Way more growl than a Stingray.

jaxstarke likes this.
  6. jaxstarke

jaxstarke

Nov 6, 2010
    Beckley, WV
    When I recieved it the bridge looked as if a two year old had attempted to put it together and adjust it. Some bolts were loose on one side of the bridge and others were tight on the other side. The bridge saddles themselves were sitting in sideways on a couple strings. It was a mess. The Youtube vid helped a lot. Thinking about taking it to a shop to see if they can fine tune it but I'm not sure there are any around where I live who are knowledgeable or qualified to work on them.

7. Blankandson

Blankandson Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Gallatin, Tennessee
    The new Nashville Warwick shop is setting up their workshop so they suggested I have mine set up by another luthier until they are ready. I was in Orlando so I had Michael at Bass Central set mine up. Took him about an hour and he did a great job.

8. jaxstarke

jaxstarke

Nov 6, 2010
    Beckley, WV
    Found a guitar tech nearby that's willing to take a look at it and set it up. Sad day when your $300 Ibanez plays better than your $800 Warwick. lol

9. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Once you learn how the bridge works, and all the adjustments available, it's pretty easy to get it setup the way you want it. The new Rockbasses are pretty sweet (at least the ones I've played have all been pretty great), though it is a bit disappointing it came to you in that shape. I have no doubt it'll be an easy fix, however. Sounds like the screws just weren't tightened properly (or worked their way out during shipping), but that's the beauty of it...reposition whatever moved, tighten the screws, and it's all done!

Tbone76 likes this.
  10. jaxstarke

jaxstarke

Nov 6, 2010
    Beckley, WV
    I'm afraid the problem lies deeper than just a setup. Guitar tech said something along the lines that from the 10th fret on up all the frets are out of wack. Would have to be redressed or plek-ed (I think that's the term he used) and would run me anywhere from $350 on up depending on who does it. He said that's probably the reason the action was so screwed up to begin with. They were trying to compensate for a crappy fret job.

11. jaxstarke

jaxstarke

Nov 6, 2010
    Beckley, WV
    Took the bass to another luthier and he's going to do a re-crown and said that should remedy the situation. There's a hump right where the heel of the neck starts getting thick to meet the neck pocket. When I first talked to him I was ready to have all the frets pulled, neck sanded and do a total refret but he said that would be a little extreme. He'd do it if I wanted but it would be a waste of money. We'll find out in 8-10 days.

12. boomtisk

boomtisk

Nov 24, 2009
    Germany
    Am I reading something wrong or did you really pay 800 USD for a RockBass Corvette $$? (The missing coil tap switches and the maple neck denote that you have the RB version). That a pretty steep price if you ask me. Although on reflection, it looks like there's been a hike in price recently.

13. Blankandson

Blankandson Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Gallatin, Tennessee
    What ever happened to this bass? I'm hoping you just returned it to the online-retailer you purchased it from and got your money back. There was no need to pay out money for their problem. Did you send it back?