1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD! Warwick + wenge content!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dj150888, Jun 15, 2012.

1. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    So today I got a new (to me) Streamer LX. Flamed maple body, wenge neck + fingerboard.

Only had her cracked out for an hour or so, but she plays like butter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Awesome! I recently picked up an old Fortress Masterman here. I love the Wenge neck on it, they are terrific!

Nice bass! I love the color!

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Cool color! Congrats there!

4. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Had that same bass in the "natural" color for while. Of all the 5 strings I had, I think I miss that one the most. Great sounding and playing bass.

5. Sweet- I think everyone should taste wenge at least once in their bass-playing life. :)

6. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    I've been playing an ovangkol neck 'wick for a few years now and I have to say, the difference is definitely significant. It feels amazing in the hand!

7. Sure- & I realize it's a personal preference thing, but the wenge, for me, just wants to be played- makes me wank quite a bit longer/harder every time... ;)

8. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Not a fan - you have to get yourself an unfinished maple necked warwick. I could feel the grain in my wenge necked warwicks and I didn't like it.

9. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Definitely a personal prederence thing. One of my mates has a maple necked 'wick and I didn't like how it felt at all. I don't like how maple necks feel or look at all.

10. TinIndian

TinIndian

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I don't know, after playing my Wenge neck Wick I'll be looking for another older Warwick with a Wenge neck. I can see how the open grain may bother some perhaps. To me, it's the best thing since sliced bread!