NBD: Wattplower Mark II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stelles75, Jul 30, 2021.

1. stelles75

stelles75

Sep 26, 2014
    Also, NCD... :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::drool::hyper:

9194_n.png?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=SPXt50ZJExcAX-A6Qh3&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.png

2. Haans

Haans Altruistic nihilist Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    Was that cannon fire, or is it my heart pounding?

So, they come in gold sparkle now, instead of just orange? I'll be in the attic, digging out some gear to sell.

3. stelles75

stelles75

Sep 26, 2014
    Root Beer Sparkle

I'll be completely honest... it's like doodie brown with gold glitter sprinkled on it and doesn't look like a Fender sparkle finish. I love it, though. Plays and sounds AMAZING. :cool:

GregC, tindrum, lermgalieu and 6 others like this.
  4. Haans

Oct 31, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    I meant emerald green, not orange (that was mark I). I dig the brown sparkle, though. Reverend still list emerald green as the only color option. Where did you find it?

Edit: no, they don't. Found it now. Oh dear.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    stelles75 likes this.
  5. Stay Gold

Stay Gold

Jun 23, 2018
    Yowza! That setup looks like it delivers thunder. Those Barefaced cabs with the colored baffles look so cool. Is that a new vintage style logo on the cab, too? How do you like that neck pickup?

Incredible photo. Thanks for posting and have fun.

lermgalieu and stelles75 like this.
  6. stelles75

stelles75

Sep 26, 2014
    Yes, they gave me the option to have the old badge or their newer vintage badge. They did not give me the option for no badge, nor did they let me select placement, which I guess is fine, 'cause it looks nice. :)

The neck pickup is interesting. I don't have any other bass pickups like it. It is not as thunderous as you would think (as far as I'm concerned coming from a Thundergun and a Blacktop P). It will require a lot of experimentation. Right now, I could see myself switching to it on like a breakdown or guitar solo where I don't need to be as punchy.

The split coils, however, are super bitey. REAL nice.

7. stelles75

stelles75

Sep 26, 2014
    Y'all might be able to snag one of the remaining green WP2s for a bit less than they're listing for. The green is also lovely. I like the WP1s, but not a big fan of white pups on the current models.

8. Haans

Oct 31, 2005
    Bergen, Norway
    Where? Are they discontinuing the green? I agree it's lovely, as is the orange. The website shows only the orange mark I with white pups, though.

Hoping one will pop up in the classifieds soon.

stelles75 likes this.
  9. stelles75

stelles75

Sep 26, 2014
    I'm not sure if I'm supposed to advertise the internet marketplace that starts with an R or where I got it from (I forget the rules!). Also, if you call around to the distributors listed on Rev's site, there may be some available more directly.

10. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Oh my God, that Finish!!!
    Plus anything Watt OKs is cool.
    Dig in!!!

stelles75 likes this.
  11. stelles75

stelles75

Sep 26, 2014
    Might as well gloat about my T-gun, too. I don't know if anyone has been on the fence about a Rev, but get off it... now. :)

Some thoughts about this one: The pickups are nasty. You can't NOT cut through with this bass. I blew the roof off the same club two weeks in a row. It's insane.

I did notice that the Mercalli model has the same pup config as the Thundergun. The only difference, really, is the bolt-on neck and a slightly diff body shape. If anyone was on more of a budget, I bet you can snag a Merc relatively cheap, and as my main gigging pickups, I cannot recommend it enough. Also, I think the Thundergun weighs 9 lbs and the WP2 weighs right at 8 lbs.

I love them.

Also, buy a Quilter Bass Block for gigging. You are very welcome. I love you all. <3

7981_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=IA32WgGi0usAX9HrAO8&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

GregC, Murch, j5eugene and 7 others like this.
  12. Gothic

Gothic

Apr 13, 2008
    Greece
    Oh I definitely shouldn't have clicked on this thread... That's one beauty of a beast!

Astronaut and stelles75 like this.
  13. Thorsoundcore

Thorsoundcore

Jan 22, 2009
    NYS
    I agree with the "mudbucker" being unlike anything else. It's really hard to describe what makes it so unique. Only other thing I can say is I've never heard such huge sound from a passive bass before this one.

14. stelles75

stelles75

Sep 26, 2014
    I just resurrected a Blacktop Precision thread a few min ago. THAT ONE. I have to plug it into the Active input on my Quilter, whereas I plug the T-gun into the Passive input. Both passive basses, but the Fender is way louder through the passive input. I don't know if it's the cap we used when rewiring it, but it is pretty rowdy. :)

15. blacktocomm

blacktocomm Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2013
    West By God
    :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

16. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I bought a TG back in Dec 2019 and have yet to gig with it. I have been playing it a bunch at rehearsals and will be debuting it tomorrow night.

That MFer does cut and growl and everything else. I am starting to develop feelings for it, despite the love I feel for the L1K in my avatar.

I have the yellow TG with the reverse headstock and it is quickly becoming a joy to play.

stelles75 likes this.
  17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Who says traveling econo can't be pretty and sparkly?

:D

Very nice bass...always admired the originality of that pickup, too.

18. stelles75

stelles75

Sep 26, 2014
    What?!? (IRT lildrgn)

I'm pretty jealz of that! Although, I am real smitten with my purple pickguard. You won't be disappointed. The TG is gonna be my main in one band and the WP2 will be my main in the other band (which just so happens to have the word "Anchor" in it's name).

lildrgn likes this.
  19. stelles75

stelles75

Sep 26, 2014
    I kinda want to talk to a luthier about putting in a 5 way switch for more pup configs. I do not see myself and my playstyle using the Rio Grande as a "main tone", at least not yet. I'm a little sad I can't pair it with one of the splits. :)

Low Down Brown and JimmyM like this.
  20. pisces_bass

pisces_bass

Jun 8, 2019
    Central WA
    Fellow Reverend + Quilter user here. I agree with your assessments! The Watt basses look killer. Would like to find a Mercalli or T-gun to go with my Justice.

stelles75 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022