1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - What can y'all tell me about this Buroze P bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jakelly, Jun 12, 2014.

1. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    The brand name is "Buroze" which I've never seen before. No serial number, no "Made In" sticker, nothing, but it may have had stickers that were lost. However, I did do a Google search and saw some Buroze Strat style guitars, which had this same black on black finish. From what I've read, its probably made in Japan in the 80's.

What I do know... The body is not plywood but is two-piece (alder?). Looks like alder and its fairly heavy. The pickup has ceramic magnets on the backside which I wasn't impressed with at first, but its not a bad sounding pickup and its punchy as can be. Single ply pickguard with holes in it for a pickup cover, but the body is not drilled for a pickup cover (original. I had a Japanese Fender P that had holes in pg for a pup cover but body wasn't drilled for it). Bridge is good quality, tuners are fair quality.

What makes me think it might be 80's Japan is the solid wood (not plywood) body. I think if it were Korean of this era, it probably would have been plywood. What say you?

p1. p2. p3.

2. OldDirtyBassist

OldDirtyBassist

Mar 13, 2014
    Harmony was making very similar basses to the Buroze, in the 80's.

3. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Thanks!