1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: What is going on up in Canada?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pbass6811, Apr 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Holy Smokes! They are making some KILLA' basses up in the Great, White North! Plus, they are, damn near, IMPOSSIBLE to find...

Ordered new Dingwalls. 18 month wait. What? Dammit! Ok. Decided I want to maintain a "connection" to parallel-fret basses. Could keep the basses I have now, but where's the fun in that? Let's kill two, proverbial birds with one stone, let's get a bass I've always wanted to try that has parallel frets. So that's what I did...

20180411_161712.jpg 20180411_161532.jpg 20180411_161605.jpg 20180411_162144.jpg 20180411_162409.jpg 20180411_162521.jpg 20180411_162653.jpg

FBass BN5-
    -Ash body
    -Maple Neck(3pc)
    -Maple Fretboard
    -FBass pickups
    -FBass 3-band preamp(boost only) active/passive & hum cancelling settings
    -African Ebony knerbs
    -Hipshot bridge
    -Gotoh tuners

This bass is SO good, it's ridiculous! This bass sounds just as good with everything dimed as it does with everything set flat. It's just an exquisitely crafted instrument.

So, now the problem is I want another one, and there aren't any to be had, unless I wanna attempt to buy one from S. Korea, which is where the majority of available ones seem to be located.

So, if you want a Canadian bass, Dingwall or FBass, yer gonna hafta order it and wait, or yer gonna hafta scour the planet to find an available one. Not only am I waiting, I'm waiting in TWO lines...LOL!

2. Beautiful score! I played an F bass years ago at Bass Central. It and a Dingwall Prima were the two I liked most in that visit.

If it makes you feel any better I`ve only ever seen 2 F basses for sale in local shops, both were used. Never seen a Dingwall in an Ottawa store and if one were to appear it would probably get snapped up pronto!

pbass6811 likes this.
  3. toomanyslurpees

toomanyslurpees

Jan 21, 2009
    Well there you go... I'm Canadian and I didn't even know Fbass is also Canadian...

(forget all the other details... I was just contemplating how they get that back access panel's grain to line up so well...)

TN WOODMAN and pbass6811 like this.
  4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

beautiful bass! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

pbass6811 likes this.
  5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

While I know my store get a little extra treatment, I can walk into my L&M and find a slew of Dingwalls. An F Bass? Not a chance. Dingwall is the number two musical manufacturer in the country, second to Godin. I would be shocked if F bass did 100 basses a year. Dingwall does about that in Canadian basses but does another 1000~ with their Combustions.

tl;dr I would love to try an F Bass.

winterburn69 and pbass6811 like this.
  6. Try Long &McQuade in Markham, Ontario - Canada. The manager of the store is a bassist and they carry Dingwalls, Fbass (they are an authorized dealer), Fodera etc. I am quite sure that you can view and purchase an Fbass from that location. Plus if your buying from the US in US dollars bonus for you with the current US to Canadian currency conversion. heres the telephone number. (905) 209-1177. Cheers ... P.S. I also own a Blueburst BN5 Fbass with a Macassar Ebony fingerboard, simply a killer !!!

pbass6811 likes this.
  7. BassholeKI

BassholeKI

Feb 10, 2017
    :woot:
    drool
    :thumbsup:
    :)

Little smilie totem pole for 'ya!!!

Garret Graves and pbass6811 like this.
  8. mikkoantt

mikkoantt

Jul 5, 2012
    Finland
    IMG_4155.JPG IMG_4157.JPG IMG_4156.JPG Hi from Finland.
    Just like mine, but in my F Bass have Macassar ebony fingerboard. What a wonderfull basses:)
    - Mikko

erigod23, Joshua, pbass6811 and 2 others like this.
  9. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Really? There is ONE Dingwall for sale at a L&M in Ontario, it's at the Markham store, and it's not perfect. Cosmo music stopped selling off-the-rack F basses a couple of years ago, so I don't know of a stocking dealer for them.

pbass6811 likes this.
  10. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    Really really. L&M is one street down from the Dingwall shop.

The last time I was at the L&M (which was quite awhile ago) on 43rd in Saskatoon there was piles; a rainbow full. I always pick one up and noodle around on it, even though it’s totally not my style. Great basses though.

Never seen an F bass at an L&M either.

11. That is easily one of the nicest F Bass guitars I have seen. Well done, sir.

pbass6811 likes this.
  12. Attached Files:

13. Canada is the best country in Canada.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021