1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD... who has a neck through Stingray?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Jan 31, 2017.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    While I have been going mostly old school for the past few years I must say the "new" neck through Stingrays are the most radical and pleasing reinterpretation of a classic that I can recall. Lots of "redesigns" are gimmicky in my opinion and rarely improve upon the classic design... Not so here. I picked up a lovely neck through not expecting to be blown away by the tonal experience I have had. I mean it is totally a Stingray through and through but there is a sustain and clarity that is so rich. I am doing some recording in the next few months and can not wait to hear how this bass translates to the finished product.

I would love to hear others experiences with strings, amps ect regarding the NT Rays.

2. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    There is a video on you tube , someone playing a blueburst ntnot only did it look beautiful, it sounded unbelievable

3. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    It truly is. Just weird that there seems to be little talk on the interwebs about them.

4. Guinness20

Guinness20

Jan 24, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    The neck finish on my bolt on stingray is the best I've ever played, I wouldn't swap it for a painted neck and increased sustain.