1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD Wilkins P5 Cayenne model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by franklindayala, Aug 5, 2017.

1. franklindayala

franklindayala

Feb 8, 2015
    PERÚ
    Hello,

Uploading again photos of this incredible instrument (previously uploaded in the Wilkins club). It’s a Wilkins P5 with roasted neck, ancient alder wood for the body (90 year old eastern alder), Hipshot hardware, Stellartone tonestyler B10, Satin finish, Olympic white color, Tort guard (a must have), Flat wound strings.

Incredible tone. Pat is a genius.

Wilkins P head 2 .

Wilkins P neck back.

Wilkins P bass body.

Wilkins back P bass.

Wilkins P bass pickups .

My daughter playing the Wilkins P5 as a DB...

Kami.

fender68, Dave Siff, kobass and 5 others like this.
  2. BryanB

BryanB Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Beautiful kid and gorgeous bass. I am curious about what pickups are in it. Also, can you comment on the fingerboard? It seems like it has nice tiger stripe. Is it ebony or rosewood?

franklindayala likes this.
  3. franklindayala

franklindayala

Feb 8, 2015
    PERÚ

Ah yes. Sorry, totally forgot. The pups are Ulyate pickups (really great). The fingerboard is roasted maple also.

pjbassist likes this.
  4. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    Why the tight spacing when the neck got room for more and pickup poles are not directly under the strings? Gorgeous bass!

5. franklindayala

franklindayala

Feb 8, 2015
    PERÚ
    My Preference in string spacing is 16.5mm.
    Hey, it's my bass no one else jejeje... Pat was kind enough to go with my request.

Yes the poles are not directly under the strings but that doesn't affect the sound I'm getting out of here. I also have light touch. So no problem at all.

BassBuzzRS likes this.