1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD with photo!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ghook, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Ghook

Ghook Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Eastern US
    Ok, after reading someone else's post I had to get me a $54.95 ,.no tax, free shipping P style bass. If for no other reason then a modding project, curiosity, addiction to "the I can't believe it deals".

So I made my list of GFS hardware and electronics and guess what?!. This bass works great. I was intonated and the action set at acceptable level "as is" . The only thing I will require is getting use to a really fat neck. Stuff like this blows me away.
    50 dollar P Bass.

2. ejaggers

ejaggers Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Fort Worth, tx
    How much did you pay for that camera?..... Nice Bass, BTW. Have fun Modding.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Slater likes this.
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

ha! it's fun to get a bargain instrument which actually works (or can be made to work) the way you want! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

Spidey2112 likes this.
  4. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    General Food Supply?

JRA likes this.
  5. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Is the white guitar w/black pg a late 60's Ibanez?

EDIT: I was in my local music store today and saw what it it - it's a (new/recent) Peavey slide-guitar (can't recall the model name) The one I saw was red but I recognized it from your pic.

This is what I thought it was (somewhat similar shape) 1966 Ibanez, one of the last Hoshino Gakki electric guitars made at the Tama factory which were very rarely seen in the US.

fullsizeoutput_11b5.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  6. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    I think it was $54.95 PLUS tax....LOL.

JRA likes this.
  7. Ghook

Ghook Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Eastern US
    The camera is my Amazon Moto G Play lol. I did an extensive mod this morning ...a set of tape wound LaBellas and string height adjustment...didn't even need to intonate . I feel like I'm really suseptible to marketing hype after getting this. It sounds way better then my Hofner Travel Bass. So I have a $50 bass with $40 strings.

ejaggers likes this.
  8. Ghook

Ghook Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Eastern US
    Yep ...a Peavy Power Slide....fun guitar !!

9. Like buying a printer with all of the features only to find that the ink replacement cartridges costs more than the printer

Bill Whitehurst likes this.