1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD x 3 US J's US Geddy, Adam Clayton and 75RI.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by armybass, Nov 13, 2015.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    image.
    I have this 2015 American Standard J that I love. So I recently decided to go all in on the J's traded for three new US Jazz basses (in nearly new condition). They are as follows; 2015 US Geddy Lee, 2014 Adam Clayton and a 2001 75 American Vintage Reissue. After getting them all in over the past two days I restrung and set them all up today and gave them all a good going over to see how they compared to my 2015 American Standard.
    image.
    The Geddy is hands down amazing and plays like my long lost 1970 J that I played for 10 years..... its perfect.
    image.
    The Adam Clayton is equally as sweet a player and might be a tad lighter. The necks dont feel that different to me and are both very comfy.
    image.
    The 75.... I have had a few of these but this one is a great slapper. Smoking E string. It had flats on it so I restrung it and it sounds awesome. Still need to tweak that setup a tad more but it is just great.

If I had to rank them... would be as follows.

Geddy.... US model does not resemble the MIJ version in sound quality and playabilty. This is the best passive, stock 4 string jazz I have ever owned... perfect. So powerful and brilliant you would swear it was active.

Clayton.... great player and sounds classic. This is the perfect combo of a 60's bass with a modern jazz like the Geddy is with a 70's/modern.

US 75 RI.... also just feels as good as my old bass has the vibe in spades.

American Standard.... perfect perfect... never thought I would possibly like all three of these better as much as I love this bass. But I think I prefer the vintage tone on all of those basses over the very modern tone of this...even though I do love how this bass sits in a band mix.

They are all winners in my book....
    image.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  2. Pics pics pics pics pics pics!!

3. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    Pics?

4. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    Sorry I forgot... Will put them in the original post.

5. totallywink

totallywink Gold Supporting Member

Man, they all look great! Have fun!

armybass likes this.
  6. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    SWEEEET! :thumbsup:

armybass likes this.
  7. Wow...very good taste I'd have to say:), and Armybass do you have the 63 pbass as well?

armybass likes this.
  8. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    That's cool! Glad it worked out for you and I really like the look of the RI.

armybass likes this.
  9. armybass

Jul 19, 2001
    I did order one today. :)

Rickenbottom likes this.
  10. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Where did you pick up the burst 75? These are cool. I had one for awhile and sold it. (Regret).