1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD.....x2!!!! What??? Best.Day.Ever. And huge thanks TB community!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KristinD, Nov 13, 2018.

1. First of all, a HUGE thank you to all you TB'ers who were SO incredibly helpful to this newbie both here: "Begrudgingly" taking the plunge to 5 string ;) Advice needed! and Here: Could this work ok as a super cheap back-up bass? Is a back-up essential if gigging? I really couldn't have figured this out this easily without you! Time will tell, but it's been one hell of an exciting day and I feel really good about it!

Thank you to @B-Lo for reaching out with an awesome, well cared for bass that he was willing to part with that fit my needs. He was so helpful and great to work with! Highly recommend!

My day started with waiting for my new primary bass to arrive from B-Low. An Ibanez SR655...but due to Veterans Day observance on Monday it had to stay in cold storage for 2 days an hour away from my home until it was out for delivery this morning. So hard to wait to open it until it acclimated to our sub freezing MN weather but totally worth it!
    Snapchat-1448364953.
    20181108_183707.

Then my husband texted with ANOTHER Ibanez 5 string that he saw on craigslist. An older model that was listed for $75. It had some electrical problems but looked good otherwise...and for a back up? Why not! He got it for $65 and after some soldering this evening and some electronic cleaner, it's not sounding half bad! Never expected a double NBD, and of course I'm WAY more excited about the 655 than the possible sub, but yeah. Such a fun day!
    Back up.
    back up2.
    20181113_180756.
    Snapchat-1844502492.
    Thanks again TB! You're the best!!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    MonetBass, Axstar, sm49341 and 131 others like this.
  2. B-Lo

B-Lo One day I'll figure out how to play this thing... Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Excellent! Congrats on NBD × 2! I hope you have hours upon hours of enjoyment with them both. The 655 looks like she's in good hands and I'm glad it found a great home. :thumbsup:

3. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Congrats on a couple of nice new basses. The backup was a deal.

CapnSev, lowdownthump and KristinD like this.
  4. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    Congrats on your 2 new to you basses. I'm currently looking at an SR650 myself. Those CND pickups sound really sweet on that bass.

lowdownthump and KristinD like this.
  5. I'm so in love...she plays like a dream. So smooth...sounds amazing! Such a great fit!

6. Leo Thunder

Leo Thunder

Sep 27, 2018
    Such a beautiful finish!
    Not the black one… this one will be perfect to take out in dodgy situations.

7. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Congrats. Two really nice basses!

lowdownthump likes this.
  8. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    So glad they worked out for you. Enjoy those basses!!
    I never get tired of seeing blue basses. The black hardware looks great on that blueburst finish.
    It’s always so encouraging to see other mothers , wives and ladies in general holding down the low end .

KristinD and Spidey2112 like this.
  9. dmt

dmt

Apr 19, 2003
    Orbiting Sol
    Congrats on the Double NBD!

lowdownthump likes this.
  10. And some live-in bass techs as well. You're very lucky.

11. mmon77

mmon77 Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Southern MN
    Congrats on your double NBD! Ibanez makes nice instruments, and I'm sure you'll enjoy them both.

IMO, anytime you can pick up a decent bass for < $100 is a big win. Even if you hate it, I bet you could get at least twice what you paid for it, now that it is working.

12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Congrats! I never saw that finish on an Ibanez before- it’s very similar to the blue/green AKA dragonburst finish from the Modulus. Very cool.

KristinD likes this.
  13. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Awesome, Kristin! I love when a plan family comes together...

JRA, lowdownthump and KristinD like this.
  14. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    Wonderful result!

15. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    Wow! The SR655 is beautiful and scoring a solid backup for $65 and some elbow grease is a great win. TB has helped me so many times along my bass journey, this really is a special place.

16. rutrho

rutrho

Mar 29, 2014
    sf bay area
    Nice score! Enjoy the new basses!

17. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

two? :laugh:

congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

congratulations on your other new instrument! :thumbsup:

KristinD likes this.
  18. Border

Border

Dec 31, 2010
    Spokane, Wa.
    Congratulations X 2!! I hope you get years of great music from them. Enjoy.

KristinD likes this.
  19. LowEndOperative

LowEndOperative ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    That Levy’s strap you’re sportin’ is the best. I have the same one. Makes my 10 lb Ray35 comfortable.

KristinD likes this.
  20. Yes! B-Lo let me add it on to the purchase and it's amazing. Can't hardly tell I have any weight on my shoulder at all. Very comfortable.