1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD x2!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by west*coast*bass, Oct 23, 2013.

1. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Well...almost. One is here and one is on the way.

I have a Wilkins Road Tested Jazz bass coming this week. Pat Wilkins was cool enough to share a pic with me -

ad08ebcc-6dbe-4a45-9a86-e13a9529c54b_zpsca7defae.

The other is an Eastwood Classic -

2013-10-18224606_zpsd35f7daf.

My band is playing some tunes that the Eastwood will fit really well into.

The Wilkins will get the bulk of the work. It should come in around 8.7 pounds. It's an alder body with 60's pickup placement. The only thing I changed was the bridge. I'm having Pat throw a Hipshot A style bridge on the Wilkins. There is a bit more flexibility with that one. Everything else stays the same. I'll post more pics when I get it later in the week.

I'm really looking forward to running them both through their paces next Monday night at rehearsal. The first gig with them with be on November 30th, so I'll have the time to bond with them both.

Should be fun!

2. R Baer

R Baer Commercial User

Jun 5, 2008
    President, Baer Amplification
    Pat's basses play and sound awesome. These are seriously under rated instruments, IMO. Congrats!

3. Is that Candy Tangerine? I think that was the one I seen on his sight just recently. Beautiful color, btw.

4. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Thanks, Roger! I agree 100%.

5. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Yeah, I believe so. Thanks!