1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD - Yamaha BB 714 BS highly mod

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mulambo, Feb 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Just got this beauty, could not resist...
    it is a BB 714, with a different neck, with a flamed maple scale, the P pickup was replaced by a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound, and the body was painted in blue (daphne?)
    it has an amazing sound with the P pickup, and a very solid and dark sound with both pickups. I feel the neck pickup is more effective then the one on the Attitude bass.
    It seems the original owner made an Attitude tribute with a BB bass. what do you think? i loved it!!
    1. 2. 12644935_10208510074888431_4552995461347673978_n.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Very cool!

Dr. Cheese and mulambo like this.
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Looks cool. I know nothing about them though.

mulambo likes this.
  4. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I LOVE the Yamaha BBs.

and that's a beaut! :thumbsup:

mulambo likes this.
  5. drool

6. What neck is that?

7. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    interesting. Yamaha doesn’t have a lot of maple board bb basses. And that one has nice figuring too.

8. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Congrats!

9. Moonraker_007

Moonraker_007

May 21, 2018
    Hi Mulambo,

like this BB beauty quite a lot. Mind if I ask you if you still have it and if you're contemplating selling it soon?

Looking forward for your respond!

Cheers

10. :):)
    Brother, i still have the bass, and even could sell it, but i´m from Brazil! Cheers!!

11. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

very nice! congratulations on your new instrument! :thumbsup:

mulambo likes this.
  12. Moonraker_007

Moonraker_007

May 21, 2018
    Hi Mulambo!

thanks for your respond. Well, it doesn't matter in which part of the world we do live. I'm interested in this bass anyway. Could you please describe its condition? I'd like to get more pictures of it as well :) Thanks!

Cheers!

13. Well, Moonraker, i can´t send the bass overseas, things are quite complicated in Brazil. Where are you from? Anyway, the bass is in mint condition, except the neck, that is subtly bented. I have to take it to a lutihier, but the bass now is borrowed to a friend of mine, so i can´t take new pics in this moment.