1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NBD Yamaha BB425

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chaser1, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Chaser1

Chaser1

Aug 24, 2010
    Canada
    So today I came across a sweet deal on a Yamaha BB425. I have been wanting a 5 string for a bit and have been looking at cheap starter 5's, when this popped up on Craigslist for $200. I am pretty stoked as I played one the other day in a Long and Mcquade (Canada's Guitar Centre) and loved it but the $599 price tag took it off my viable options list. It plays great, the B string is tight and the string spacing is super easy to adjust to. I am looking forward to rocking this one for a while!

Attached Files:

2. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Sweet. Good looking bass and a killer deal.

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If I find a 425 or 425x for the right price at the right time, I will snatch it up!

4. Man you got a steal... These are worth every penny of what they charge for them new, and it's insane how much they drop in value after that. Enjoy the bass!

5. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

3ogey4.

6. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    Love my BB424X, your BB425 looks wonderful as well! Great basses!

7. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Congrats. I like Yamaha basses.

8. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Call 911 because someone just stole that bass. Great score!

9. You SO made out. Well done!

10. Chaser1

Chaser1

Aug 24, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks everyone, I thought for sure at that price it was going to be gone in the 30 min it took to go pick it up. I can't believe how nice this bass plays. I have never played a 5 string for more than about 10 min and I thought it would take longer to adjust to it, but its been a really easy transition. Great bass!

11. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Nice score on a great bass.

12. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Congrats nice bass

13. wrench45us

wrench45us

Aug 26, 2011
    I ordered mine and in the US catalog, they don't come w/o the pickguard (which is what the X is for) so you have a BB425 -- which apparently is available in Eurpoe and Canada.
    I put D'Addario half rounds strung through the body.
    The shop where I bought it had to order the strings, but once they heard what they sound like on the Yamaha, they decided to start stocking them.

The feel of that fingerboard and the spacing playability is what sold me, the tone was just so much more than expected.

14. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Great bass for the $$!. Congrats.

15. Great score. I have the same one I bought on here last summer for $325. I use it as my garage beater bass, but could definitely be gigged if need be. The passive tone on these are great. congrats.