NBD Yamaha content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slapthatplank, Jan 4, 2018.

1. YA3.jpg Just one pic because it looks like every other blue Attitude 3. Always wanted one of these, didn't think I'd ever be able to justify it financially but I got a price I couldn't pass up, in unplayed condition.

There is some neck dive and there's a spot on the bridge where the smoked chrome didn't take. That's it for issues, it plays beautifully and feels alive and resonant. Always been a fan of Billy Sheehan and got to see him several times at BIT in the 80's. I don't have much interest in shredding anymore but I love P-basses and this just sounds like a really good one to me.

2. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Sweetness. I trust it has sufficient low end? ;)

Slapthatplank likes this.
  3. StevieMac

StevieMac

Mar 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Congrats! I replaced the stock tuners on mine with hipshot ultralites and that fixed the neck dive for me.

Very fun to play through the EBS deluxe version of the Sheehan drive pedal IMO. I run the p pup into the normal pedal input and the neck pup directly into the clean loop as shown below and you get the real effect of the two pickups on separate channels without needing two amps:

X58xTnh.jpg

More info available on running the two outputs into the pedal here, although he has a more complex path:

Enjoy :)

68Goldfish, Slapthatplank and Tbone76 like this.
  4. Haha yeah, I'd say. Gotta love the mudbucker.

Doctor J likes this.
  5. Thanks for the tips brother! I will definitely try the ultralites if the dive is an issue. That EBS pedal looks very cool too. I have a Pearce BC-1 preamp with the mod in storage, need to dig that out.

6. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    Totally cool. Wouldn’t mind having one of these. Wish they came in a five string model.

7. StevieMac

StevieMac

Mar 17, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Ahhh, well you are all set then, cheers!