NBD - Yamaha TRBX305

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ClassicJazz, Jun 8, 2016.

1. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Wanted a five string for those gigs that I might need one. Ended up with a Yamaha TRBX305. Must say I am pretty impressed with this bass. High quality typical of Yamaha, and sounds pretty damn good if I must say! The "Performance EQ" switch really works great. Go from a great finger style EQ to a Slap EQ with the flick of a switch. String spacing is also good at 18mm. I am primarily a four string player, so this bass is comfy to play. The stock strings which I think are D'ADDARIO sound great too. Think I made a good choice and under $400 to boot!
    trbx305.jpg

2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nice looking bass. Good onstage color too. Congrats.

ClassicJazz likes this.
  3. ClassicJazz

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Not a big fan of solid color basses, all my other basses are natural finish. BUT....there is something about white that just looks sexy!

4. ClassicJazz

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Well have a whole gig under my belt with the TRBX305 and I must say how blown away I am in regards to how great this bass sounds! Nice tight punchy tone, fat bottom and that "Performance EQ" switch really is functional. Clicked it into "Solo"mode for one of my bass solos and it nailed it. Same in "Slap" mode. Also one note, the setup was pretty good out of the box. Just lowered the action a bit and I was good to go. For $399, I highly recommend it!

yammy5.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    BassiklyAC and BassikLee like this.
  5. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Starke, FL
    Owner: JLA Custom In Ear Monitors
    Nice rig, too!!

ClassicJazz likes this.
  6. ClassicJazz

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks, great little rig for small venues. And gets pretty loud too!

7. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    I have played several of these and liked them all, but not enough to buy. Good score.